All works within the highway right-of-way require a permit.

For more information, consult the Utility Policy Manual. Please note that this document is under review, and a new edition is expected in the 2005 - 2006 fiscal year.

Design and construct all works according to the specifications set out in the Standard Specifications for Highway Construction and BC Supplement to TAC Manual. Above-ground works must also comply with clear zones as laid out in the TAC supplement.

This guide is a living document; it is subject to change without notice. Please check the Rural Subdivisions Website (http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/permits/Subdibision_Home.asp) to make sure you version is sufficiently current.