British Columbia Government Crest
entire site this section
Main Index
Contact Us
Ministry of Transportation
Permits and Approvals
Rural Subdivision Approvals
Subdividing in BCApproval ProcessApplyUseful LinksFAQGlossaryFeedbackProvincial Map
Contacts by Districts
A | B | C | D-K | L | M-O | P-Q | R | S | T-Z

Caveat: Pursuant to Section 285 of the Land Title Act, it is a charge placed against the title by application to the Land Title Office.

Collector roads: Roads that connect local roads with primary arterial roads and provide access to individual properties.

Contiguous: Having contact on all or most of one side.

Controlled access highways: Highways designated as such by Order-in-Council to enable the Ministry of Transportation to restrict accesses (driveways) onto the highway, approve rezoning at intersections, and review subdivisions along the highway. This maintains highway capacity and safety.

Cooperative Association / Shared Interest: A method of land ownership governed by the Real Estate Development Marketing Act in which shares are sold in a land-owning company. The company must be registered under the Business Corporations Act.

Covenant: A written document in which signatories either commit themselves to do a certain thing, to not do a certain thing or in which they agree on a certain set of facts. They are very common in real property dealings and are used to restrict land use such as amongst shopping mall tenants or for the purpose of preserving heritage property.

Cul-de-sac: A street, lane, etc., closed at one end.