Paper Based Applications and Forms >>

Apply Online

Applying online is easy, convenient, and ready when you are - 24/7.
You will need a BCeID in order to apply Online.

Many government services are now available online. A BCeID account provides secure electronic access to these services.

How to get a BCeID: When you logon you will first be directed to the BCeID Logon screen where you'll find all the information you need to get you up and running quickly.


Apply for Subdivision Overview
Instructional video for Clients on how to apply



Paper Based Application and Forms:


     Preliminary Subdivision Application (H0164) 

     Permission to Act as an Agent (H1275) 

     Application for Works (H0020)

     Road Closure Permit (H0819)

      Site Profile (for proposals where industry or commercial activity has taken place on the land)

     Acknowledgement of Contaminated Site Regulation (for properties where a site profile is       not required).


Be sure that your application is complete the first time you submit it.  Use these references to make sure you have covered all the necessary requirements

     Preliminary Subdivision Application Checklist

     Final Submission Checklist

Fee Schedule

Calculate the preliminary and final fees payable to the Minister of Finance

     Fee Schedule


Submit the application to your District Office or at a Front Counter BC in your area. You need to submit cash or a cheque with your application. Please make cheques payable to the Minister of Finance.





This guide is a living document; it is subject to change without notice. Please check the Rural Subdivisions Website ( to make sure you version is sufficiently current.