Who Needs a Works Permit?

The Ministry of Transportation permits certain works to be constructed in the highway right-of-way where it is practical and safe to do so. All developers must apply for and receive a permit from the Ministry of Transportation before constructing or maintaining a work or structure or pipe on roads or land controlled by the Minister of Transportation, according to Section 62 of the Transportation Act, .

Go to Apply: Permits for Works on Right-of-Way for specific information about the following permits:

This guide is a living document; it is subject to change without notice. Please check the Rural Subdivisions Website ( to make sure you version is sufficiently current.