British Columbia Government Crest
entire site permits site
Main Index
Contact Us
Ministry of Transportation
Permits and Approvals
Rural Subdivision Approvals
Highway Permits and
Ministry of Transportation AuthoritiesApproval ProcessApplyForms and ChecklistsGlossaryFAQUseful LinksFeedbackContacts
Contacts by Districts
  Works On Highway Right-of-Way

Who Needs a Works Permit?

The Ministry of Transportation permits certain works to be constructed in the highway right-of-way where it is practical and safe to do so. All developers must apply for and receive a permit from the Ministry of Transportation before constructing or maintaining a work or structure or pipe on roads or land controlled by the Minister of Transportation, according to Section 62 of the Transportation Act, .

Go to Apply: Permits for Works on Right-of-Way for specific information about the following permits: