British Columbia Government Crest
entire site permits site
Main Index
Contact Us
Ministry of Transportation
Permits and Approvals
Rural Subdivision Approvals
Highway Permits and
Ministry of Transportation AuthoritiesApproval ProcessApplyForms and ChecklistsGlossaryFAQUseful LinksFeedbackContacts
Contacts by Districts
  Special Events

Who Needs a Special Events Permit?

The Ministry of Transportation issues special events permits pursuant to Section 62 of the Transportation Act. Permits are required for any organized event that has participants using a portion of the highway, where such an event may affect the normal flow of traffic.

The Ministry of Transportation is interested in all special events that take place on a provincial highway. These might include filming, parades, sports and fundraising events. It also includes the movement of livestock, such as with cattle drives.

Go to Apply: Special Events Permits for information specific to the following permits: