Special Events Checklist
- Prepare an application form with the following details:
- Highway name(s), between specific locations on the highway
- Dates for event
- Time of event, from starting hour to finishing hour
- Provide a letter indicating the scope and nature of the event, including the type and number of participants (cyclists, pedestrians, runners, youth group, etc.)
- Include a traffic management plan. See Traffic Control for more details on working in traffic.
- Specify any animals you propose to have involved and their experience in traffic, if relevant.
- Give the number of escort vehicles and how you propose to use them.
- Specify if it is a fundraising event.
- List which municipalities and agencies are affected, if applicable (e.g. RCMP, St. John Ambulance).
- Specify your parking requirements, such as the number of vehicles requiring parking.
More information about special events is available at the Special Events website.
The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act was proclaimed on
October 4, 1993. All personal and business information collected by the Ministry
is subject to the provisions of the Act.