Roles in Controlled Access Highways

Under Section 80 of the Land Title Act, approval is required from the Ministry of Transportation for subdivision of a a parcel of land adjacent to a controlled access highway within an incorporated area. To find out how to apply, refer to Subdivision in Section 3: Apply.

This guide is a living document; it is subject to change without notice. Please check the Rural Subdivisions Website ( to make sure you version is sufficiently current.