British Columbia Government Crest
entire site permits site
Main Index
Contact Us
Ministry of Transportation
Permits and Approvals
Rural Subdivision Approvals
Highway Permits and
Ministry of Transportation AuthoritiesApproval ProcessApplyForms and ChecklistsGlossaryFAQUseful LinksFeedbackContacts
Contacts by Districts

When other agencies approach the Ministry of Transportation with a referral, the Development Approvals staff assesses the proposal with a view to the impact it will have on the provincial highway system, traffic congestion and safety.

Crown Land Referral

  1. Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, Crown Land Administration Division sends a proposed use of Crown Land to the Ministry of Transportation, with a supporting plan and details.
  2. Ministry staff assigns a file number and evaluates the proposal, including a site visit if necessary.
  3. Ministry staff sends a response letter to the Crown Land Administration Division.

Municipal Referral

Local governments frequently refer development proposals to the Ministry. For more information, see Arterial Highways and Community Charter.