Other Approvals

According to the Provincial Public Undertakings Regulation BC Reg 513/2004, you will need a permit to operate an oversize or overweight vehicle on the highway. However, Development Approvals does not issue permits or authorization for oversize or overweight vehicles. These are issued by commercial vehicle inspectors pursuant to Section 8 of the Commercial Transport Act.

Contact your local Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement Office for more information about obtaining a permit, or go to Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement.

This guide is a living document; it is subject to change without notice. Please check the Rural Subdivisions Website (http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/permits/Subdibision_Home.asp) to make sure you version is sufficiently current.