Applications for highway access shall include a completed permit application form, and supporting details and documents. Please submit the following to the District Transportation Office. Be as thorough as possible, since Ministry staff cannot process application with required items missing.
Required items include:
- the completed application form
- the length of time you require the access, as follows:
- Use "indefinitely" if required for long-term use
- Give the specific number of months or years if you require the access for a temporary period
- An authorization letter from the owner if someone else, such as an agent, is applying on the owner's behalf
- Original plan to scale of the site layout
- the type of proposed development, including the number of units and buildings and the square footage of each
- parking plans, traffic control devices and lighting locations
- area map showing location of the parcel (1:5000 scale)
Include these items as well, where applicable:
- a copy of the current State of Title Certificate so that property encumbrances can be checked
- proof of liability insurance
- copies of any covenants, easements, rights-of-way or other charges registered
against the title. These are available through the Land
Title Survey Authority.
- a copy of any detailed or simplified site impact analysis, where required by the District office
- a municipal development permit and plan
The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act was proclaimed on
October 4, 1993. All personal and business information collected by the Ministry
is subject to the provisions of the Act.
The personal information on the application form is collected under the authority
of the land Title Act. The information collected will be used to process your
preliminary subdivision application, and it may be necessary for the Ministry
to provide this information to other agencies (see Evaluation).
If you have any questions about the collection, use and disclosure of this
information, contact the District Development Technician at the nearest Ministry
of Transportation office.