Other Approvals

To close a municipal road, contact the municipality, unless the road is designated as arterial, or could affect access to an arterial highway. In these cases, direct the application toward the Ministry of Transportation.

The Ministry of Community and Rural Development has created a website for municipal governments which outlines the process for completing a road closure.

This guide is a living document; it is subject to change without notice. Please check the Rural Subdivisions Website (http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/permits/Subdibision_Home.asp) to make sure you version is sufficiently current.