British Columbia Government Crest
entire site permits site
Main Index
Contact Us
Ministry of Transportation
Permits and Approvals
Rural Subdivision Approvals
Highway Permits and
Ministry of Transportation AuthoritiesApproval ProcessApplyForms and ChecklistsGlossaryFAQUseful LinksFeedbackContacts
Contacts by Districts

>> Application Forms
>> Sketch or Description of Proposal
>> Application Fees
>> Processing Applications

Please submit your completed application package to the District Transportation Officeor at a Front Counter BC in your area (Front Counter BC is a single window service for clients of provincial natural resource ministries and agencies. The Kamloops centre is the first in a series to be opened throughout B.C.). Be as thorough as possible, since Ministry staff cannot process applications with required items missing.

Items may include:

  • Provincial Public Highway Permit Application, if applicable
  • Application fee, if applicable
  • An authorization letter from the owner if someone else, such as an agent, is applying on the owner’s behalf
  • Original sketch plan to scale of the proposal, plus three copies if over 11" x 17"
  • Area Map showing location of the proposal (e.g. 1:5000 scale)
  • A municipal development permit and plan where applicable

If approval is necessary for a zoning bylaw, development permit or an amendment to a land use contract in a controlled area as defined in Section 52 of the Transportation Act, prepare plans of your development proposal and make application to your local government. Your local government representatives will refer your application to the appropriate office of the Ministry for our approval.

For requirements specific to the permit or approval you are applying for, see Section 3, Apply.

Collection of Information

The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act was proclaimed on October 4, 1993. All personal and business information collected by the ministry is subject to the provisions of the Act. If you have any questions about the collection, use and disclosure of this information, contact the District Development Technician at the nearest Ministry of Transportation office.