Please submit your completed application package to the District Transportation Officeor at a Front Counter BC in your area (Front Counter BC is a single window service for clients of provincial natural resource ministries and agencies. The Kamloops centre is the first in a series to be opened throughout B.C.). Be as thorough as possible, since Ministry staff cannot process
applications with required items missing.
Items may include:
- Provincial Public Highway Permit Application, if applicable
- Application fee, if applicable
- An authorization letter from the owner if someone else, such
as an agent, is applying on the owner’s behalf
- Original sketch plan to scale of the proposal, plus three copies if over 11" x 17"
- Area Map showing location of the proposal (e.g. 1:5000 scale)
- A municipal development permit and plan where applicable
If approval is necessary for a zoning bylaw, development permit or an amendment to a land use contract in a controlled area as defined in Section 52 of the Transportation Act, prepare plans of your development proposal and make application to your local government. Your local government representatives will refer your application to the appropriate office of the Ministry for our approval.
For requirements specific to the permit or approval you are applying for, see Section 3, Apply.
Collection of Information
The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act was proclaimed
on October 4, 1993. All personal and business information collected
by the ministry is subject to the provisions of the Act. If you have any questions about the
collection, use and disclosure of this information, contact the District
Development Technician at the nearest Ministry of Transportation office.