Engineering Branch develops and implements
province-wide engineering and evironmental
standards, and develops policies and procedures
to support the application of those standards.
The Branch provides expert advice to the
and to allied organizations for the planning, design,
and rehabilitation of
British Columbia's highways and bridges.
The Engineering Branch also:
- provides support to the transportation regions;
- reviews work in progress;
- provides working assistance on complex engineering designs;
- monitors compliance to standards and policies.
The Branch also ensures that the Ministry of Transportation
provides, receives and implements engineering works that meet the requirements of the Engineers
and Geoscientists Act and state-of-the-art practice.
The Branch is comprised of the following sections:
Engineering Branch publications can be found in two
- A partial listing of Ministry of Transportation Engineering
publications can be found at Engineering
Branch Publications. Here you will find links to PDF or HTML versions of
selected Highways Engineering publications.
- A full listing of Ministry of Transportation reports and
publications can be found at the Ministry of Management Services' Publications Index.
where you can purchase printed versions of the publication or, in some cases, find a link
to PDF and HTML versions.
Branch Contact Information:
Telephone: 250 387-6931
Facsimile: 250 387-7735
PO Box 9850
Stn Prov Govt