Table of Contents Alternatives to Public Roads

Alternatives to Public Roads

The Land Title Act requires all new parcels to be provided with necessary and reasonable highway access.  The Minister of Transportation may consider various factors specified in the Act, and may in exceptional circumstances grant relief from the provision of highway access to the new parcels as well. The Provincial Approving Officer administers this authority. 

Ask your District Development Technician for details.

This guide is a living document; it is subject to change without notice. Please check the Rural Subdivisions Website ( to make sure your version is sufficiently current.