Table of Contents Dedication of Road over Crown Land

Dedication of Road over Crown Land

If a parcel of private land being subdivided requires a road across Crown land for access, the Minister of Transportation may authorize the Surveyor General to establish a public road allowance through Crown land under Section 80 of the Land Act to obtain rights to the Crown land proposed for access road development. The subdivider must apply to the FrontCounterBC office nearest you.

This guide is a living document; it is subject to change without notice. Please check the Rural Subdivisions Website ( to make sure your version is sufficiently current.