Table of Contents Servicing Needs

Servicing Needs

The District Technician may inform the appropriate service and utility providers about the proposed subdivision, allowing them to consider whether existing services are able to handle the needs of the proposed subdivision. Such services may include: schools, ambulance, school buses, fire, water, police, sewer, electricity, storm drainage, telephone, mail, hospital and natural gas. The applicant is encouraged to contact these servicers early in the process to determine costs.

This guide is a living document; it is subject to change without notice. Please check the Rural Subdivisions Website ( to make sure your version is sufficiently current.