The applicant submits the following to the District Transportation
Office. Be as thorough as possible, since Ministry staff cannot process
return applications with required items missing.
Required items include:
- Subdivision Application form or apply online
- The Preliminary Subdivision Application fee. When applying online payment may be made online upon notification, or follow the application by payment in person or by mail
- Permission to Act
as an Agent statement from the owner if someone else, such
as an agent, is applying on the owner’s behalf
- A copy of BC Assessment Authority Property Assessment Notice showing property tax classification
- All new lots MAY require a sewage report—please contact your local Transportation office for clarification
- One copy of the current State of Title Certificate so that property encumbrances can be checked
- Copies of any covenants, easements, rights-of-way or other charges registered against the title. These are available through the Land Title & Survey Authority
- A copy of Contaminated Sites Profile form or Contaminated Sites declaration statement, duly completed and signed
- Original copy and a .PDF file of a scaleable sketch plan of proposed layout with metric dimensions
Include these items as well, where applicable
- A copy of the Agricultural Land Commission application or approval
(if located within ALR).
- One copy of any the results of any test required by the Regional Health Authority
- A municipal development permit and plan where applicable
Collection of Information
The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act was proclaimed
on October 4, 1993. All personal and business information collected
by the ministry is subject to the provisions of the Act.
The information in an application may be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Further information can be found at