Rules for Driving, On-duty, and Off-duty Time
- You must have a minimum of ten hours of off-duty time in a day.
- Eight of the ten hours of off-duty time must be consecutive.
- The other two hours of off-duty time may be taken throughout the day in blocks of at least 30 minutes or they do not count toward the 10 hours off-duty.
- You must not drive more than 13 hours in a day.
- You must not drive after being on-duty for 14 hours in a day.
- After 13 hours of driving, you have to take a minimum 8 consecutive hours off-duty before you can drive again.
- After 14 hours of on-duty, you have to take a minimum 8 consecutive hours off-duty before you can drive again.
You cannot drive after 16 hours of total elapsed time between two 8 consecutive hour periods of off-duty time.
NO DRIVING after 16 hours of elapsed time