Deal Breakers on the Abstract
Tip: When NSC is reviewing an application for a Safety Certificate, they do not accept an application where the driver has 4 or more pointable offenses in the last 2 years, or a criminal code conviction in the last 3 years.
Beware of abstracts that show:
- a drivers licence status other than normal
- the drivers licence class is NOT applicable to your type of business
- too many penalties
- > 4 tickets with penalty points in the past 2 years
- any motor vehicle-related Criminal Code convictions in the past 3 years
You should consider not hiring a driver with a:
- history of many accidents
- history of substance abuse related convictions
- poor report from a past employee
Tip: Call past employers. It is easier not to hire a problem driver than fire one later.