Environmental Management Section
4B – 940 Blanshard Street
PO Box 9850 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9T5
General Phone: (250) 356-2255
Fax (250) 387-7735
Chief Environmental Officer
- Provide leadership for the delivery of environmental and social issues
related to highway developments in BC;
- Manage the development of policies, standards and procedures related to
Federal and Provincial agency legislation and regulations;
- Provide expert technical advice;
- Manage the technical audit of environmental programs works under post
- Represent the Ministry on TAC’s Environmental Council;
- Represent the Ministry on various Deputy Minister and Assistant Deputy
Minister committees dealing with environmental issues.
Environmental Roadside Manager
- Ministry representative on the Interministry Invasive Species Working Group.
- Develop and implement policy, standards and procedures relative to
roadside development activities.
- Trains ministry and maintenance contracting staff on managing invasive plants on roadsides.
- Provides expert advice to Regions and Districts regarding invasive species management.
- Provide service and guidance to Regions, Districts and Headquarters
Branches on matters including:
- erosion control
- vegetation management
- highway design aesthetics and landscaping
L. Sielecki, R.P.Bio, MCIP
Wildlife and Environmental Issues Specialist
- Responsible for providing service and support to the Regions, Districts
and Headquarters on environmental matters.
- Administers the Wildlife Accident Reporting System (WARS).
- Coordinates and maintains the Wildlife Fencing Program.
- Manages the Environmental Enhancement and Culvert Retrofit Programs.
- Provides expert advice on aquatic and terrestrial habitat restoration.
Environmental Project Coordinator
- Lead RISP adjudicator for environmental categories.
- Archaeology liaison.
- Provides environmental project coordination services.
- Provides procurement and envaluation services for major projects.
- Ministry contact for implementation of the noise policy.