While in Hong Kong, the team met with Initiatives Prince George and Prince George Airport delegates who were in Hong Kong with Supply Chain Logistics Canada to promote the Northern Corridor of Canada’s Pacific Gateway. Together they attended a Supply Chain Logistics Canada lunch, hosted by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, and a dinner hosted by Transport Canada and Minister Stockwell Day. Visit our Flickr site for photos.
Meetings with Hong Kong businesses have been very positive and extremely encouraging. The team is hearing that supply and demand will increase between Asia and North America in the near future and trade partners in Asia are confident that BC is ready for new business.
November 7, 2010
- News Release: Coal Growth Supported by Pacific Gateway Investment
November 6, 2010
- Audio Clip: Minister Bond joins Hon. Stockwell Day and delegates from Prince George to boost BC business while in Asia
- Audio Clip: Minister Bond speaks about working with logisitic organizations in Asia while on trade mission.
- Audio Clip: Minister Bond says Pacific Gateway strategy is paying off while on trade mission in Asia.
- Audio Clip: Minister Bond and Pacific Gateway Alliance partners are excited about potential new business in the future.
- Audio Clip: Robin Silvester, CEO Port Metro Vancouver talking about pacific gateway supply chain and the future.
- Audio Clip: Robin Silvester, CEO Port Metro Vancouver, talks about diversity of opportunities in Asia.
- Audio Clip: Don Krusel, President and CEO of Port of Prince Rupert talks about growth and opportunity for the Port of Prince Rupert.
- Audio Clip: Don Krusel, President and CEO of Port of Prince Rupert talks about growth and opportunity for Northern BC.
- Audio Clip: Minister Shirley Bond talks about opportunities that are ahead for all of BC as a result of the trade mission.